Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Semi-Veggitarian?







Okay, I think I have come to a point where I want to loose weight. I have gotten to the point where I almost don't feel good about myself. My belly fat is what's getting me down. And Summer is a comin' and I am in no way ready for a bathing suit!!!! I want to To Wear a PLAIN OL' T-Shirt without feeling "big" in it. LOL. So Im cutting meat out from most of my week. Look at kids now-a-days. They keep getting bigger and bigger and BIGGER! It's all that processed meat and hormones that come with it. Milk is another fattening drink. If it's not NON-FAT it will fatten you up! I DON'T drink milk, I only drink soymilk because I am lactose-intolerant (although I eat cheese! I will give into a tummy ache anyday for some CHEESE)
Also, I am hispanic and BOY do we eat a lot of Tortillas and Bread and Rice around here! So, Im going to cut that intake by HALF. I love chicken tenders, chili cheese tater tots, nachos, pizza, SUGAR & Sweets!!! AHHHH...
Going out to eat is a big deal with me too. And when I do I figure why not splurge on Meat and Breads only once a week. As for eating at home. Fruit, Veggies, water, juice (on occasion), crakers, tuna sandwiches, PB&Jellies!!! Is what I will be eating. I have a meal replacment shake for breakfast and fruit a cottage cheese or soup or veggies w/light ranch for lunch and Dinner either a shake or steamed broccoli, carrots, salad, soup, some HOT TEA etc. You want to eat your bread/tortilla early in the day for Lunch so You have all day to burn it off. Anything you eat at night will STICK on you. And I have a BAD Habit of eating LATE!!! Thats SOOOO BAD!
So Here I go...trying to live healthier and excersise! I hope I can stick to it!

1 comment:

MakeupByKaylena said...

Not eating meat is a great thing.

I'm a Lacto-ovo vegetarian "newbie" and I feel that this is something I can stick too.

It was hard to cut meat out (being hispanic as well) but I feel so much better when I don't eat meat. I have also cut out fideo and aroz to not take in so much carbs, but for me a bean and avacado taco is fulfilling!

I've also taken up running and I want to train to run a 5K! Kudos to you for starting this lifechange! Maybe we can help each other!

XO